GEEK PICTURES Inc. (hereinafter called “the Company”) is committed to exceeding customer expectations and providing high quality work as a video production company. The personal information we collect is the most important information asset in the company, and we recognize our social responsibility in protecting all personal information we collect. To ensure that all personal information collected is handled in a strict and appropriate manner, all employees of GEEK PICTURES Inc. will strive to protect all personal information collected in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy.
- The Company will specify the purpose of use of personal information, and will use legal and fair methods within the confines of the Company's legitimate business to collect personal information.
- The Company will use the acquired personal information only within the scope of the purpose(s) of use, and will take measures to ensure that the personal information is not used for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
- In the event that the Company entrusts or discloses personal information to a third party, the Company will select a party taking into account sufficient levels of personal information protection standards, managing them in accordance with the law and our own regulations via contract or other precautions.
- The Company shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and other standards set in place by the Japanese government regarding the handling of personal information.
- The Company recognizes the risk of leakage, loss, or damage of personal information, and will assign responsibility and internal systems for the protection of personal information, and will take appropriate measures to prevent and rectify such risks.
- The Company will respond to complaints and inquiries about the handling of personal information in good faith and in a timely manner.
- The Company has designed a personal information management system and will strive to regularly improve this system to ensure the safeguarding of personal information.
GEEK PICTURES Inc.
Representative Director, Tamotsu Kosano
Contact for Complaints/Inquiries Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Complaints and inquiries regarding the Company’s handling of personal information are managed by the following office.
Please note that the office does not accept inquiries made in person.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
GEEK PICTURES Inc. will only use your personal information for the purposes mentioned below. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or the consent of the individuals involved, except in cases where we have obtained your consent in advance, or in cases where disclosure of your personal information is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, or in accordance with the law.
Purposes of Use:
- To execute commissioned services such as television and web commercials, entertainment content, filming of events, and other video production work related to visual content production.
- To perform information screening and contact interviewees during the recruitment process.
- To manage employees under the management of GEEK PICTURES Inc.
- To respond to your inquiries received via the contact form on our website.
2. Personal Information Protection Administrator
Director: Yukihiro Uchimura
3. Disclosure of Information to a Third Party
GEEK PICTURES Inc. will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, except in cases where:
- We have obtained consent.
- It is in accordance to or required by law,
- It is necessary for the protection of a person’s health, safety, or the property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- The minimum information required by an outsourced contractor falls within the scope of fulfilling the aforementioned “Purposes of Use”.
4. Entrusting Personal Information to Contractors
GEEK PICTURES Inc. may disclose personal information to a contractor depending on the requirements of the service provided. GEEK PICTURES Inc. selects contractors taking into account sufficient levels of personal information protection standards, managing them in accordance with the law and our own regulations.
Obtaining Disclosure of Personal Information
At the request of the individual, GEEK PICTURES Inc. shall accept the following procedures for the notification, disclosure, correction, addition or removal, cessation of use, and removal of personal information provided to third parties, subject to aforementioned disclosure held by GEEK PICTURES Inc. Please contact the office listed below for procedures to respond to such requests.
1. Submitting a Request for Disclosure, etc.
To make a request for disclosure etc. of personal information, kindly send us a Request Form for Personal Information Disclosure with all necessary documents attached via post. Please submit your requests via registered mail, courier service, or a method that allows us to confirm proof of delivery.
2. Documents Required for Request of Disclosure
- Request Form for Personal Information Disclosure
- Request Form for Correction or Removal of Personal Information
- Identification Documents (copy of driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, etc.)
- In the event you require a legal representative, you must submit documentation that proves that he or she is authorized to represent you, in addition to the required documents listed above.
3. Additional Fees
Kindly note that a fee of 800 Japanese Yen will be charged for each request of disclosure, notification for the purpose of use, etc. The fee will be requested via wire or bank transfer in the event of a request being sent by post. All handling and transfer fees are to be borne by the sender.
4. Purpose of Use of Acquired Personal Information regarding Requests for Disclosure etc.
In accordance with the request of disclosure, the personal information retrieved shall only be handled to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the request.
5. Reasons for Rejection of Request for Disclosure
Kindly note that we are unable to accept requests for disclosure etc. in the following cases:
- If the documents submitted for the request(s) are incomplete
- If your identity cannot be confirmed
- If your legal representative cannot be confirmed at the time of request
- If the information provided does not correspond to the information held by GEEK PICTURES Inc.
- If the request violates the law or other regulations
6. Contact Information for the Handling of Personal Information
All personal information retrieved in response to a request for disclosure shall only be handled to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the request.
Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
1. GEEK PICTURES Inc. belongs to the following authorized personal information protection organization:
Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
2. Contact for Complaints regarding Handling of Personal Information
Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032, Japan
Regarding “My Number”